London Marathon 2021Saturday 20th Mar
This October I will be running the London Marathon for The London's Air Ambulance. As most of you will know - this charity is one very close to us. They saved my sister in law Chloe's life back in 2016 and have stayed in contact with Chloe and the family ever since.
Sadly, our lovely Chloe suddenly passed away on September 22nd 2018 and I would like to run the marathon in memory of Chloe, and also to help raise money for this amazing charity and their even more amazing team who give so much.
Please see some facts below:
- London's Air Ambulance is the charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London. Based at The Royal London Hospital, the service operates 24/7 with the average cost of one potentially life-saving mission costing £1,700.
- They need to raise £9.3 million in the 18/19 financial year to keep the service running.
- They treat on average 5 patients a day.
- Last year, the air ambulance team treated 1707 patients.
- The team are airborne within 4 minutes of activation.
- The average flight time to patients is 6 minutes
Any donations towards raising my fundraising goal will mean everything!