Raised so far
London’s Air Ambulance Charity couldn’t exist without our amazing supporters
Every year our incredible bucket collectors raise vital funds to keep our service flying by collecting through their personal networks, at their workplaces, at supermarkets and at stations throughout the capital.
But at this moment in time things are very different.
A direct impact of the ongoing pandemic and safety restrictions is that physical bucket collections cannot go ahead right now, which has left us facing a large loss of income from this important fundraising.
In response to these unprecedented times we have created Virtual Bucket Collections, allowing you, your friends, family or work colleagues to safely support London’s Air Ambulance Charity from home. Your support will help ensure that when London calls, together we will be there.
You can personalise your collection with photos, stories and videos. Suggestions for these could include:
- Remember a loved one and fundraise in their honour
- Create a celebration fundraiser to mark a special date, such as a birthday or anniversary
- Working from home? Arrange a virtual work dress down or ‘dress up’ day and add your team photos
- Take part in a virtual physical challenge and post maps showing your progress
- Customise photos of you shaking your bucket from a dream location or your favourite holiday hotspot
- Appear as a character in your favorite tv show or movie.
To edit your images try using one of the many free photo editing apps available to download to a smart phone
As always, we’ll be on hand if you have any questions or need help along the way, but we’re sure you’ll love online fundraising as much as we do! Let’s get you set up.
How to get started
- Click on the Set up bucket collection button at the top of the page
- Personalise your page with pictures and why you’re collecting for us
- Share with friends, family and colleagues through social media, emails or text. You can use our downloadable social media graphics to help spread the word
- Remember to use the hashtag #fundraisefromhome when you post and share on social media.
Your donors can give as much or as little as they want and you can encourage them to support your collection in different ways, such as:
- Working from home at the moment? Why not donate the cost of a day’s travel to your bucket collection and help save lives in London!
- Donate the cost of a coffee to help our amazing medical teams provide the highest quality care in the quickest of times!
- Making your own lunch instead of eating out? Consider donating the money saved to help people severely injured in London
- Not able to attend office socials this year? Maybe your work colleagues could donate the cost of a Friday night out to help keep London’s Air Ambulance flying!
Can I just make a donation?
If you would rather make a donation then you can either support one of our incredible Virtual Bucketeers below and make a donation to their amazing efforts or make a donation via the Donate button at the top of the page.
Your support means more than ever right now and we really appreciate everything you are doing to help make sure we are able to continue to serve the people of London through the pandemic and beyond.
If you have any questions about the event, or would like to discuss anything about your virtual bucket collection please contact the Community Team at email@example.com
Live virtual bucket collections
What is a virtual bucket collection?
A virtual collection allows you to set up a page to collect donations online instead of in person. You can share with friends and family to encourage them to give to your ‘bucket’. No amount is too small!
How do I set up my collection?
All you need to do is click here to set up your fundraising page and you can add your own photos and text to personalise your collection.
How do I promote my collection?
You can easily share your virtual bucket collection directly from your page or you can download our social media images and create your own messages. You even have the option to promote your collection via email again directly from you pages. Simply login and select the Get support tab.
How long can I fundraise for?
We are encouraging people to promote their pages throughout the festive season, but you can keep your page active and promote it for a long as you like.
Top tips to help you reach your target
Promote on social media
Let people know why you have chosen to support us. Do you have a personal connection to the charity, or do you usually volunteer at bucket collections? Or do you just want to do something amazing to keep London’s Air Ambulance flying during?
Ask people to share your page
It is really easy to share your virtual bucket collection page with friends and family, so do encourage them to forward on to their contacts. They could even set up their own collection if they have been inspired by your amazing efforts to support us!
Keep people updated
Post regularly about your collection and let people know how it’s going. You can post updates directly to your fundraising page.
Set up a group collection with friends, family and colleagues
You can set up a group collection and see who can collect the most or contribute towards a team target.
Make your collection come to life and select a location!
Make your collection come to life by selecting a real-life location – you can post pictures of yourself there - or even create some fantasy pictures.
Thank your supporters
You will be able to create an automatic thank you that is sent to all your donors. We’ve created a thank you template guide, but you can easily write your own personal message instead